According to the charter of the University, admission is open to persons of either sex, of any race, religion, creed, color or domicile, who are academically qualified for admission to the courses offered by the University. No such person shall be denied the privileges of the University on the grounds of gender, religion, creed, caste, race, class, color or domicile.
1- Admission Form/Prospectus is available in the Student Affairs Office. Karakoram International University Gilgit and Skardu Campus on working days (Monday to Friday between 8.00 am to 4.00 pm) on payment of Rs. 1000/- through bank draft/challan.
2- Admission Form/ prospectus can be downloaded from the KIU website (www.kiu.edu.pk). In such cases, the applicant will attach a bank draft of Rs. 1000/- in the name of Treasurer KIU Gilgit-Baltistan.
No admission form will be received after the last date.
The Candidates will be responsible to keep track of the KIU website for the date of interview for different programs applied for. No separate call letters will be issued.
Eligibility For Application
Candidates securing at least 45% score in the last Examination any recognized Board / University (or equivalent foreign qualification) are eligible to apply for uniform admission.
The university fee is a mandatory charge payable by the students at the time of admission. It entitles students to such services as the library, health, internet, and overall campus life facilities irrespective of which course they might study. Therefore all students are required to pay the semester fee.
The fee must be paid on the dates prescribed by the university. Students will not be considered admitted without payment of the fee. The student concerned will be responsible for any shortage of attendance that may cause ineligibility for a university examination. Any intervention by parents or a third party is strictly forbidden and will not be entertained.
|Duplicate ID card||300|
Late Enrollment Fee
|Up to 4 days||730|
|4 to 10 Days||1450|
Transcript Fee per Semester
|(Within 24 Hours)||420|
|(Within a week)||300|
|Migration Certificate Fee||850|
Rechecking Fee (Per Subject/Paper)
1. Deserving students may be considered for a concession of up to 50% of the tuition fee on the recommendation of the Fee Concession Committee with the approval of the Dean. This concession is available for a maximum of 10% of the total number of students enrolled in a class. Application on the prescribed form should be submitted to the Dean before the start of the classes. The application should be supported by two certificates from responsible persons having personal knowledge of the student’s family and its income, showing that the applicant cannot afford to pay the full tuition fee. The concession is subject to good conduct, regular attendance and satisfactory performance in studies. The fee concession can be withdrawn if the recipient fails to fulfill these requirements. The fee concessions so granted will be tenable for one year only.
2. When two or more brothers/sisters are studying, only one sibling (the youngest) can be granted the half tuition fee concession by the Fee Concession Committee.
1. A refund of fees and other dues can be made to a student only if all the courses for which he/she was enrolled are not offered by the department concerned or the University considers the student to be ineligible in a semester.
2. The admission fee is non-refundable once a student commences studies. However, if a student leaves the university within the first two weeks of a semester a refund may be made according to the schedule below if the request is made in writing at the time of leaving:
- Full refund of dues before the start of the classes as announced by the University
- 75% refund within one week (7 days) of the start of classes.
- 50% refund within two weeks (8-14 days) of the start of classes.
- No refund after two weeks (15 or more days) of the start of classes.
3. Refund of hostel dues can be made on the written request of the student as per the following policy:
- 75% refund if a student applies within one week (7 days) of the hostel place announcement by the university
- 50% refund if a student applies within two weeks (15 days) of the hostel place announcement.
- No refund after two weeks (15 or more days).